Do you thrive on the challenge of retail sales? Are you passionate about wine and want to deliver a second to none tasting experience? Do you champion excellent customer service?
Yealands Wine Group has established a presence in over 80 countries and has become the sixth largest exporter of New Zealand wine. Our unique location in the beautiful Awatere Valley, our sustainability platform and our internationally acclaimed wines draw visitors to our Cellar Door and Seaview Vineyard from all over the globe.
We are seeking a Cellar Door Assistant Manager to deliver outstanding visitor experience and assist in the day to day running of our Cellar Door.
Reporting to the Cellar Door Manager, responsibilities will include;
- Welcoming customers
- Hosting VIP guests
- Delivering knowledgeable wine tastings
- Leading sustainable vineyard tours
- Assisting with functions
- Fulfilment of online orders
- Maintaining a high level of presentation and cleanliness
- Managing stock
- Customer bookings
- Managing staff rosters
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-known local success story and contribute to the memorable experience of our visitors.
Are you the right person for us?
- Knowledge and passion for the wine industry
- A certificate/diploma level in wine, hospitality, customer service or admin is desirable along with a general managers liquor license
- Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week including one day of the weekend
- You will have excellent standards of customer service and presentation
- Attitude is important - positivity, confidence, good sense of humour
- Have strong initiative and being self-motivated
- We move swiftly and things can change fast - you will be highly organised, have excellent time management and work well under pressure
- Experience in coordinating staff rosters and tour groups would be advantageous
Are we the right company for you?
- Being a global leader in sustainable wine, we are 100% committed to sustainability and producing world class wines
- We’re professional with strong ethics and encourage a fun, friendly and social outlook for our team
- We value our people, the environment and are inspired to “think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can’t be done”
This role 35-40 hours a week and is based at our state of the art winery in Seddon, Marlborough.
If this sounds like you then apply now by submitting your CV and cover letter by 19th July 2019.