Do you champion excellent customer service?
Do you thrive on the challenge of retail sales?
Are you passionate about wine and want to deliver a second to none tasting experience?
Our company is just ten years young and has quickly become a global leader in sustainable wine production. Yealands Wine Group has established a presence in over 80 countries and has become the sixth largest exporter of New Zealand wine. Our unique location in the beautiful Awatere Valley, our sustainability platform and our internationally acclaimed wines draw visitors to our Cellar Door and Seaview Vineyard from all over the globe.
We are seeking a Cellar Door Host to work flexible hours and deliver an outstanding visitor experience over the height of our busy season – until Feb/March 2019. This role will include weekend work but we are open on contract length and hours and would love to chat about what would work for you!
Reporting to the Cellar Door Manager, you will;
- Develop and maintain exceptional customer satisfaction (both online and in person) through welcoming customers, delivering knowledgeable wine tastings, leading sustainable vineyard tours and assisting with functions
- Work a varied and busy role, where your knowledge and passion for wine and people, along with your energy, enthusiasm will help you deliver a high quality and memorable experience for our visitors while facilitating a seamless team operation
- Fulfilling online orders, maintaining a high level of presentation and cleanliness and customer bookings. Manage stock and logistics in the cellar door
Are you the right person for us?
- Knowledge and passion for wine would be a key attribute along with the ability to impart that knowledge to others. However, full training will be given so a desire to learn is what’s really key!
- We move swiftly and things can change fast - you will be highly organised, have excellent time management and work well under pressure
- You will have excellent standards of customer service and presentation
- Attitude is important - positivity, confident, good sense of humour, and being a team player is essential
- You will have strong initiative, be self-motivated and a real do-er
- A certificate/diploma level in wine, hospitality, customer service or admin would be advantageous but is not essential
- Ability to work 20 – 35 hours a week including one day of the weekend - rosters may vary
Are we the right company for you?
- We are a global leader in sustainable wine production and are 100% committed to sustainability and to producing world class wines
- We’re professional with strong ethics and encourage fun, friendly and social outlook for our team
- We value our people and the environment and are inspired to “think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can’t be done”
- The chance to work with an amazing team at our state of the art winery in Seddon, Marlborough
- A truly flexible role you will have the chance to work varied hours across our busy peak season, including one day of the weekend. We are open to applicants looking for anything from 20 – 40hours per week and would love to chat about what would work for you!
Please apply on line with your CV and covering letter. For more details call Fiona on 027 223 1551.
You must be legally entitled to work in NZ to apply for this role.