Our company is just 10 years young and has quickly become a global leader in sustainable wine production. Inspired to think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can’t be done, Yealands has achieved rapid international growth, exporting to over 77 countries. Our place, our people and our wines are every bit extraordinary. Our winery produces approximately 20,000T each year of mostly Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris, with smaller amounts of Riesling, Chardonnay, Merlot and Gruner Veltliner.
This permanent, full time role is based at our stunning winery Estate in Seddon and you will be working with award-winning winemakers, in a well-equipped winery. A progressive and ambition workplace you will bring your enthusiasm and practical attitude to this growing team.
The role will be very hands on and you will be involved in all general cellar operations from grape processing through to final preparation of wine for packaging. Duties will include machinery operation and barrel work in one of the most technologically advanced cellars in NZ.
Whether you are a cellar pro or looking for a change in direction we have roles at different levels available and full training will be given. You will require the following experience and attributes:
- A positive attitude, great sense of humour and a team player
- A high level of physical fitness
- Strong initiative and work ethic
- Ability to work and perform under pressure
- Clear communication and problem solving skills
- Forklift experience would be advantageous but is not essential
Working hours are 07:00 – 15:30 Monday – Friday with an increase over the peak harvest period. Yealands can offer the chance to join a great team in a growing business as well as;
- Training and development with clear progression and a chance to build a career in the wine industry
- Great employee benefits including Health insurance, flexible working, long service recognition, quarterly awards and monthly wine allowance
- Hourly rate $20 - $30p/h + depending on experience
- Free transport from Blenheim to the winery
If you are looking to join a great team we would love to chat to you. If you have questions you can call Fiona Campbell, HR Advisor on 0272231551 or submit your CV and cover letter online.
NOTE: This is a Permanent Full time position - You must have unrestricted New Zealand working rights.
Our Harvest 2019 fixed term roles are filled.