Our company is just ten years young but we’re already leading the world in sustainable wine production and now export our award-winning wines to over 70 countries.
Our vineyards and winery located in the Awatere Valley, Marlborough, showcases stunning coastal views, wetlands, native shrubs and flaxes amongst our vines.
Reporting to the CFO but working alongside the Exec the role requires a proactive approach to leading safety across the business.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Championing safety in our winery, vineyards and offices
- Influencing and supporting managers and team members
- Identifying risk, managing and controlling hazards
- Coordinating our safety committees, attending meetings, providing advice and guidance
- Carrying out regular spot checks and audits
- Ensuring our processes and systems are in place and monitored
- Organising training and maintaining records
- Contractor management
- Accident / Incident investigations
- Ensuring the company attains and maintains ISO45001 accreditation
While living and breathing safety, you’ll be a team player who is practical and pragmatic. You’ll have a sound up to date working knowledge of NZ legislation combined with experience in a similar role. With a relevant tertiary qualification to back up your safety experience this role might be your next career step.
You’ve likely worked in the wine, viticulture, agriculture or related industries, and understand the hazards associated with large machinery, equipment, chemicals and land based activities. You’ll demonstrate a systems approach, pay strong attention to detail and have sound Microsoft office skills.
It’s important we’re aligned to each other’s values - we’ve got strong ethics, we value our people and the environment, and we’re 100% committed to sustainability and to producing world class wines.
Renowned for its sunny weather, outdoor lifestyle and relaxed atmosphere Marlborough has a lot to offer. You’ll also be working from our stunning winery and Seaview vineyard property – it beats the city “rat race”.
If this role and our culture fit with your experience, skills and mind-set then send “Apply” by attaching a covering letter and CV.
You must be legally entitled to work in NZ to apply for this role.