Are you looking for a role with flexible part-time hours? Do you have a love of wine or want the opportunity to work in the wine industry? Do you want to join a business that is as passionate about the environment as it is about its products and become our brand champion in market?
In a short space of time the Yealands Wine Group has established itself as a global leader in sustainable and quality wine production. Inspired to “think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can’t be done”, Yealands has experienced rapid growth in the New Zealand market. Due to this growth we are looking for a highly motivated Wine Merchandiser / Demonstrator in Napier / Hastings areas.
Key tasks for this role include building wine displays and conducting tastings of our award-winning wines in retail and grocery stores. A part-time role, with some fixed hours, you will need to be available every Monday from 7am to merchandise in-store, as well as three hours on Friday. Thursday through to Saturday you would need to be available to engage consumers at wine tastings from 3-6pm as required on a casual basis. Further to this, you will build relationships with our customers in-store, manage stock and ensure promotional plans are implemented effectively. Additional hours may be required to support our team, with full flexibility on timings.
Whilst this role is part-time, you will be an integral link to providing outstanding customer service in market.
Are you the right person for us?
- Ideally you will some experience as a merchandiser
- Experience or an appreciation of wine would be an advantage
- Be a confident people person comfortable to approach customers in a retail environment
- Be a great communicator who speaks fluent English
- Attitude is important - positivity, confident, good sense of humour, and being a team player is essential
- Having strong initiative and being self-motivated are key attributes
Are we the right company for you?
- We will provide you with full training, tools and support required for this role
- We are a global leader in sustainable wine production and are 100% committed to sustainability and to producing world class wines
- We’re professional with strong ethics and encourage fun, friendly and social outlook for our team
- We value our people and the environment
If you feel like you have the right attributes for this role, can provide your own motor vehicle and hold a current NZ driver’s license please apply now with your CV and cover letter.
You must be legally entitled to work in NZ to apply for this role.