In a short space of time, Yealands Wine Group has established a global presence and become one of the largest exporters of New Zealand wine. We are looking for a skilled, passionate and enthusiastic Winemaker to join our established winemaking team to help us to continue to deliver award winning wines.
Reporting directly to the Chief Winemaker, you’ll be driving technical input into winemaking activities from harvest to bottle. You will be responsible for the day to day management of small batch wines and take a lead role in research and development. You’ll be responsible for ensuring maximum productivity, efficiency, accuracy and quality standards every step of the way and be involved in ensuring we maintain our industry accreditations. To be successful in this role you must have exceptional attention to detail and have strong technical knowledge of winemaking and winemaking systems.
- You’ll have proven winemaking experience working in a medium to large winery environment
- Have a passion for research and development and systems
- Experience with audits (BRC, ISO14001, BioGro, SWNZ)
- Things can move fast here! Someone agile with exceptional organisational and time management skills who can work well under pressure is crucial.
- Attitude is important - positivity, confidence, a good sense of humour, and being a team player is essential.
- Having strong initiative and a creative approach are key attributes.
The position will be based at our award winning winery in Seddon and will offer a competitive package.
If you thrive in a fun, vibrant, fast-paced environment, our winemaking team would love to meet you.
Ideally we would like this role to be in place for harvest 2019, but we appreciate that is fast approaching! For the right person, the start date is negotiable.
Send your CV and covering letter now
You must be legally entitled to work in NZ to apply for this role.